Freitag, März 17

ON MY SUCESSFUL PURSUIT OF A SILVER CHALICE


Chicago Plant (1939)
Originally uploaded by hygienehost.
On Tuesday I took a walk to the best Salvation Army I’ve ever been to. It is located close to where I’m working and sleeping on Chicago’s West Side. I walked onto a bridge and stopped to watch a backhoe moving dark brown dirt. I had to stop because the machine was moving all this brown dirt and the smell of chocolate was super intense. My brain worked on this for a second until my eyes revealed that The Bloomer Chocolate factory sat on the other end of the bridge. Despite figuring this, I still had to trip out on the backhoe and the pleasant scents for a few minutes.
While listening to archived programs of This American Life, I heard mention of the Bloomer Chocolate Factory. The EPA is clamping down on the factory’s emissions, while passing on local noxious coal factories. The Chicago tribune writes about it better than I can summarize.
OLDER POSTS NEWER POSTS